onsdag 19 september 2012

Celebrating With Twinkies!



I've wanted to write about Twinkies for a while now.
And what day could be better than my one year anniversary.
Yes, my friends... This blogg has now been alive for one year, giving its owner a sugar rush to last a lifetime.
I would like to take the opportunity to thank all of my readers and i pledge go give you at least one more year of sugary
goodness.
Back to the Twinkies.
Most people have heard about Twinkies from movies and such but haven't actually tried them.
From Die hard to Richie Rich to Ghost Rider - Spirit of Vengeance.
I don't usually brag, but I've tried them several times.
Their famousness makes them the perfect epitome of junk food.

The Twinkie is an individually packaged sponge cake with a vanilla cream filling.
It was first introduced in 1930 by the Continental Baking Company.
At first it had banana cream, but during World War II bananas were rationed, and the company was forced to switch to vanilla cream.
Although vanilla is more popular, banana cream filling has also been restored as a Twinkie flavor.
At state fairs and such, people actually deep-fry Twinkies creating what The New York Times calls "something magical".
Unfortunately, I've yet to try this combination.



The cake itself doesn't really smell more than, well... Sponge cake.
The sponge cake is moist and the cream is creamy ;)
The cream has a nice vanilla tone with a citrusy after taste.
I like it. It's sweet and creamy and makes me feel unhealthy but at the same time very good.
Did I mention it's creamy?

I must talk about the box. Look at Twinkie the Kid. He's so happy that this blogg has survived for one year.
Yes, Twinkie the Kid is the official mascot for the Twinkie line of cakes.
He's riding the crap out of that Twinkie.
Which the manufacturers for some reason decided to point out is "enlarged to show detail".
You can just imagine fields and fields of free-range Twinkies beeing trained in by Twinkie the Kid.

It really is a "Golden Sponge Cake with Creamy Filling".
Happy reading!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar